There are seven weeks left for 2018! What would the auditors find if your practice had an ePHI breach & showed up at your door to investigate? The fines & penalties can be steep & could include jail time!
It could be something as simple as:
- Your system was hacked & data stolen
- Phishing Attack
o 90% of breaches occur via Phishing
o User opens a malicious email
- Lost or stolen laptop
o Collective $1.9 million due to unencrypted stolen laptops for 2 organizations
- Lost or stolen flash drive
o $150,00.00 penalty for lost flash drive, no risk assessment or policies in place
- Lost or stolen backup media
- Staff browsing medical records of patients, colleagues, high profile patients & those in public office, not related to or having the need to in doing their job
What would the auditors find?
- Do you have an assessment on file?
o Did you perform quarterly reviews?
- Are your Business Associates Agreements (BAA) up to date?
- Have you had a penetration test?
- How robust is your backup system?
o Are you confident that you can quickly recover your systems?
- Do you have appropriate policies and procedures in place?
o Have you reviewed your policies & procedures
o MDTS offers a library of essential polices & procedures
- Did you adequately train your staff and provide ongoing education?
o Most breaches occur due to under-educated or un-educated staff!
o MDTS offers a library of quarterly or monthly newsletters, charts & posters
- Can you show evidence to support you do what you say you’re are doing?
MD Technology Services, LLC is pleased to provide Comprehensive Privacy and Risk Assessments & Network Penetration testing. We’re also available to perform follow ups for previous assessments. Site Surveys, Policy and Procedure wellness reviews for healthcare organizations to help place you in a better position in the event you do get audited. Educational & training materials. We also offer the Essential Privacy & Risk Assessment for smaller practices starting at $500.00.
Let us lend you a friendly helping hand! You may visit our website at: www.mdtsllc.com for the full range of services we can provide! For additional information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773 482 2005.