90%+ of breaches start with a Phishing attack! Many virus infections and scams go hand in hand, working with a team of a three-headed dragon called Spyware & Phishing & Malware. Oh My!
They can start off innocently and friendly…Until you click on that embedded link or download a file.
Think Before YOU Click!
- It can start with Spyware to steal your personal information, such as your email address or address book
- Which can lead to a Phishing attempt to lure you or others into clicking or downloading a file
- Just delete an email if you don’t recognize the sender
- Then once successful, Malware that can lead to spreading
- Confidential information breach
- Identity theft
If it doesn’t feel right, delete it! When in doubt, just don’t CLICK on it!
- Do you have an assessment on file?
- Do you have appropriate policies and procedures in place?
- MDTS offers a library of essential polices & procedures
- Did you adequately train your staff and provide ongoing education?
- MDTS offers a library of quarterly or monthly newsletters, charts & posters
- Can you show evidence to support you do what you say you’re are doing?